When you use our Services, in addition to enjoying a world of good vibes, you also agree to the Terms and they affect your rights and obligations. You can choose not to enjoy the Services if you don’t want these Terms to apply.
NO ACCESS TO EMERGENCY SERVICES: SafeUM is not a replacement for your ordinary mobile or fixed-line telephone and does not allow you to make emergency calls to emergency services.
1. Legal Capacity; Children and Minors. If you are under the age of consent in your country to form a binding agreement, you should only use our Service if you are either an emancipated minor or have the legal consent of your parent or guardian for your use of our Service. You should use our Service only if you are fully able to understand and enter into and comply with these Terms.
2. Updates to Terms. We are always working on adding additional features to our Services, and because of that, and also since sometimes applicable laws change, we may revise and reissue these Terms occasionally, by posting updated Terms. You consent and agree to receive notices of updates of these Terms through our posting of updated Terms on the Services. You should visit this page regularly to review the current Terms. If you do not agree to updated Terms, you should stop using our Services and/or close your account. Your continued use of any of our Services will be deemed as your acceptance of any revisions.
3. Rules. To access the SafeUM Service or some of the features we offer in the SafeUM Service, sometimes you will be asked to provide true and complete registration details, including your full name. If we believe the details are not correct, current, or complete, we have the right to prevent you from accessing our Services, or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your account.
4. Privacy Notice. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide notices explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at our Services.
5. Call Services; Paid Services. As part of our Service, we offer you to call your friends who use SafeUM, through our Service, free of charge (calls use your data plan unless connected to Wi-Fi). SafeUM also offers you the opportunity to become a premium “SafeUM Out” user, which allows you to call no-SafeUM users (landlines or mobiles) around the world at such rates as presented in the app.
8. Charges for SafeUM Out Service and Other Paid Products or Features.
8.1. SafeUM may change the rates for calling phones at any time without notice.
8.2. Subscriptions plans. They also exclude special, premium, service and geographic numbers. We may terminate your subscription and/or offer you an alternative calling plan if we notice that your usage is in breach of our Fair Usage Principals. We reserve the right to change our calling plans and subscriptions or stop offering them at any time. For Subscriptions which include a bundle of features, we will notify you if the types of products in the Subscriptions change and you will have the right to terminate the subscription.
8.3. SafeUM may change the prices of such products at any time without any notice to you. You can choose whether or not to accept the new charges before completing your next purchase of the applicable product. The new prices will apply to your next purchase after the new prices have been published.
8.4. SafeUM may collect VAT or other indirect taxes at the applicable rate for the particular country (as per applicable tax rules) at the time of purchase.
8.5. Using the SafeUM Service on mobile applications will use some of the data allowance available on the data package to which you have subscribed to your mobile network operator as the case may be. Out-of-country usage may, in any event, lead to significantly higher costs than regular usage, and you are solely responsible for keeping yourself informed and paying for possible roaming and other applicable charges levied by your mobile network operator.
9.2. SafeUM account balance currently can be used only for SafeUM Services.
9.3. Automatic Recurring Charge. You can disable the recurring charge feature at any time by accessing your User Account.
9.4. Payment for Subscriptions (e.g. recurring Premium Crypto plans) are made on a recurring payment basis. This means that you agree that at the applicable recurring intervals your payment method will be charged until you actively elect to terminate the Subscription.
9.5. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications, SafeUM shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card before cancellation, we will issue a credit to your account in the amount of the charge. Additional Terms may apply.
10.1. Except as provided by law, all purchases are final and non-refundable. If you believe that SafeUM has charged you in error, you must contact SafeUM within 90 days of such charge. No refunds will be given for any charges more than 90 days old. If you purchase any digital content from SafeUM, any right you may have to withdraw from or cancel the purchase will terminate once the digital content has been delivered to you upon your request, and you will not be entitled to claim any refund, except where you believe SafeUM has charged you in error. If you use third-party services to purchase SafeUM Services, such a purchase is also subject to the terms of such a third party (including concerning payment terms, refunds, etc.).
10.2. SafeUM reserves the right to refuse a refund request if it reasonably believes or suspects (i) that you are trying to unfairly exploit this refund policy, for example, by making repetitive refund requests in respect of the same product or feature; (ii) that you are in breach of the terms of this License; (iii) that you are using any of our products fraudulently or that your User Account is being used by a third party fraudulently; or (iv) that you purchased your credit through a third party service and the terms of such third party do not allow such refund. This refund policy does not affect any of your statutory rights to pursue a claim.
11. Public Content. THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, AND OPINIONS INCLUDED AND/OR EXPRESSED IN OR ON PUBLIC ACCOUNTS AND/OR PUBLIC CHATS, COMMENT SECTIONS, COMMUNITY CHATS, OR OTHER FORUMS ON THIS SERVICE (“FORUMS”) ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF THE SAFEUM GROUP OR CONTENT PROVIDERS. SAFEUM DOES NOT UNDERTAKE TO MONITOR OR REVIEW FORUMS, AND THE CONTENT OF FORUMS IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SAFEUM. SAFEUM MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY ANY CONTENT WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY AT ANY TIME IN SAFEUM’S SOLE DISCRETION. ANY USE OF THE FORUMS WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SET OUT ABOVE.
12. Responsibility for Your Use. You may only use our Service and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing, or transmitting any unlawful material through this Service, otherwise, you may be exposed to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that if a third-party claims that material you have contributed to our Service is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. Although we make great efforts to make our Service error- and interruption-free, we cannot promise that such efforts will result in such desired performance. YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. THE SERVICE AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES AND OTHER CONTENT IN THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW,
THE SAFEUM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
14. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The SafeUM company from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from your breach of these Terms, including any of the foregoing provisions, representations or warranties, from your placement or transmission of any content onto SafeUM servers and/or from any and all use of your User Account.
15. Reservation of Rights. SafeUM reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of this Service and/or any software, facilities, and services on this Service, with or without notice and/or to establish general guidelines and limitations on their use.
16. Local Regulations. We make no representation that our Service is available for use or permitted by law in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access our Service, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country you reside in.
17. Third-Party Services. This Service may link you to other sites on the Internet and third-party partners that cooperate with us to provide you certain Services. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of the SafeUM Team.
18. How to Contact Us.
This Service is controlled and operated by SAFEUM COMMUNICATIONS EHF. COMPANY. 14, 110 Reykjavik, Iceland.
CONTACT US BY E-MAIL:
General questions - email@example.com
Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales - email@example.com
Marketing - firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal department - email@example.com
Complaints - firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE & FAX: +354 519 36 47
19. General. If any provision of these Terms is adjudged, by written decision, to be unlawful, void, or for any reason is unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between you and SafeUM relating to the matters contained here and the Service.
In the event you read these terms in any language other than English, you agree that in the event of any discrepancies, the English version shall prevail.
110 Reykjavik, Iceland